Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Preparing to Leave the Nest

Well, there is only one little bird left, the other two went MIA sometime last night. We are believing that they flew away. :) I risked life and limb to get this pic, one of the parents dive-bombed me in the back of the neck. Scared me to death, but Dad got a huge kick out of it. ;)

And earlier, I took my oldest "baby bird" to have senior pictures made.
Two babies, both preparing to leave the nest. Both with parents who will do anything to protect them. Both with parents who want nothing more than to see them take off and fly successfully.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I'm banking on that. ;)

PS, you can see more pics of the sitting HERE

3 comments:

Shana said...

And to think I was stressing over my baby going into the 3rd grade...lol!!! Looks like they are going to be great pics.

R.Powers said...

I can relate!
My oldest graduated May 2006 and my middle baby bird graduated May 2007.
It's tough, but what you said is true.
My baby is only a sophomore this year so no real empty nest for a while.

Lilly said...

First of all, what a beautiful and true proverb. Secondly, you have one handsome young man there Sharon. Beautiful pictures! I cannot even imagine one of my baby birds taking pics like that. My first baby bird is just now entering the second grade!