Saturday, June 23, 2007

Grandpa John's Camera

This was my Grandfather's camera. It's an Argus C3 and he bought it over in Korea in the 50's. From what we read, it was a very popular camera, manufactured from 1939 to 1966, and holds the record for most units sold. It is nicknamed "The Brick", and aptly so. It weighs a ton more than my camera, and is about the same size as a brick. My brother (who is an absolute camera nut) could not wait to see what kind of pictures it took. He loaded it up with film yesterday afternoon and took some shots. Then he promptly took off for Ritz Camera to have them developed. :) You can see them HERE


Not bad for such an oldie, and the fact that it's completely manual. It has the instruction book with it, an ancient light meter, and all the accessories. Even an old timey bulb-flash:


Photography is COOL. :) Especially when you can share the interest with your family and friends.

5 comments:

joelchappelljr said...

It's not a big deal... but the film was developed and printed at Ritz. I believe there is a major difference in quality...

Sharon said...

noted and edited...and I agree.

Ampersand said...

very, very cool.

MamaGord said...

That is so neat!

R.Powers said...

I think my dad has that very same camera.