Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Orientation

It's that time of year again, school starts in a couple of days. You can tell by the looks of abject despair on the faces of every school-aged kid in the neighborhood. :) We had to go to "Freshman Orientation" today. My 3rd one, and not my last. This was the best one so far, they have a fabulous (yes I said fabulous) new building for the 9th Grade Academy.

This is the line for books. Yes indeedy, alllll the way down to the end...
I'm just grateful that this year, we were standing in the long, long line INSIDE, in the a/c. Last year we weren't so lucky. Neither are these poor kids. "This one time, at band camp...I PASSED OUT FROM HEAT STROKE!!" Not really, they had many water and gatorade breaks, from what I saw...
Then, we had to go get him a hair cut. Because hey, you can't study if you can't see through your hair. :)

So yes, another one of my babies in high school. This year, I have THREE in the same school. Wow, I'm not old enough for that...am I??

SmileyCentral.com

4 comments:

Lissa said...

No, you are totally not old enough for that! :)

Debbie365 said...

You're in denial...that's why you keep having more little ones! Ha!

Pat N Fl said...

Seeing as I had M and W in Sunday School when they were around RJ age, I'm going with you aren't old (Maybe I'm in denial also)

Melinda said...

Freshmen kids don't know how easy they got it. Back when i was a freshmen, you had to walk a long way from the portables to the building in the heat and the cold both extreme. WE didn't HAVE nice buildings with air conditioned hallways...