Saturday, August 4, 2007

Caught in the act

Imagine, in a town of over 800,000 people, I cut through the parking lot of the mall on my way to the bank and see...my Dad's truck! It was just too tempting. Since I had my camera with me (as always), I decided to try and capture the Great American bargain shopper in its natural habitat.

I entered, treading softly so as not to startle them. Almost immediately I found the male of the species browsing men's socks. This species is much different from others in that the males will make friends who will shop with them. This one has a Preacher shopping with him:
As you can see from this picture, the Preacher had spotted me. I left them headed to the better dress shirts and went in search of the female.

Females are much easier to capture, they become so engrossed in their task that they don't even hear the shutter of my camera clicking. Repeatedly. :)



And here is the promised land for the female bargain shopper. Even I had to put the camera down for this...
It was a very successful day for the G.A.B.S. When I left them, they had already saved over $600.00, and I was happy to help them in their quest!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Too funny!

Lissa said...

Love it! I believe my MIL was at that very same site today. Must be tax-free time.

Shana said...

Funny post!!! :o)

R.Powers said...

Good hunting!
Very funny!