Friday, July 13, 2007

New "Old" Friend

Well, it was bound to happen. This Mickey Mouse doll is over 40 years old. When I was about 6 or 7, a young couple that went to our church kind of "adopted" me. They didn't have any children yet, so they practiced on me. :) We had a relationship that lasted many years, through them having children of their own and me babysitting for them. They took me to the fair a few times, to see the Lippizan Stallions, and always bought me birthday and Christmas presents. The Mrs. of the couple had this Mickey doll for several years before she gave it to me. I promised her I would always keep him, and I have. He's a little worn, but has been well loved. RJ finally spotted him on my top closet shelf this afternoon. All my kids have loved him, now it's the little one's turn.
He has had a big love for the Mouse since we went to Disney last January
This is from the first time they met. :) I can't wait to take him back again.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

How precious!

MinorcanMeteorolgist said...

Oh my goodness, I found you through PureFlorida only to find out once I got here that I know your son! I was in his chemistry class this past year, and I also played hackeysack...he should know who I am without me saying, I think. Small world, eh?