Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Creature Feature

Found this guy (girl?) slugging across my bedroom carpet last night. Rory spotted it and said "What's That?!??! It looks like a slug!" and I said "Nah, it's an earwig"
Turns out, he was right. (as usual, but don't tell him I said so)
A little perspective
And then of course, we had the release back into the wild:
I thought he was an earwig because I have picked up a couple in the last few days, along with a spider or two. All this rain runs them inside.. Now where's that number for Brandon's pest control...

6 comments:

Lissa said...

I'll consider myself educated. I had no idea what an earwig was until I looked it up after reading your blog.

Shana said...

That is such a neat picture. It looks HUGE close-up...lol!!!

Sharon said...

Melissa, I didn't know what they were either until we moved into this house and were overrun with them. I can't stand them, they are creepy little suckers.

Debbie365 said...

As RJ would say....Ewwww Gwoss!

Dianne said...

Hmm. I am usually pretty fearless when it comes to bugs. Slugs, however, kind of gross me out. Ewww! Good pictures, though!

Ampersand said...

ewwww, but cool shots.