Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ridgecrest VBS Expo, Day 2

Saturday was very cloudy and windy, but since rain had been in the forecast, we weren't complaining! Going from building to building in the freezing rain would have been no fun at all.

I was able to spend some time in the prayer garden. Beautiful place and I was completely alone with my thoughts, very peaceful place to sit for a while.

After the last session was dismissed and we ate lunch, we ended up in what is becoming another VBS Expo tradition ~ the "roundtable discussion", where we talk about what we saw and learned, and discuss ideas for our VBS program.

Then we headed back down South, and saw some extremely interesting clouds along the way.
We stopped at Cracker Barrel, and remind me to tell you one day about the Great Baby Lima Bean Fiasco of 2009. This is a picture taken of me when I found out Cracker Barrel in Pooler, GA does NOT do the veggie of the day, and Saturday's veggie is baby limas. I had been looking forward to those limas since we left Jax at 4am on Friday, and we talked about the baby limas...sang SONGS about the baby limas...and then, no baby limas. Len caught this shot of me turning into the flying spaghetti monster when the truth sunk in...there were, indeed, no baby limas in Pooler, GA that night...
It was a day that will live in infamy.




;oP

No comments: