Friday, January 23, 2009

Daytona

Took a little road-trip today down to Daytona. My Granny was having some surgery this morning (having a pacemaker put in) so I went down to visit for a while. She did great and will hopefully go home tomorrow. As I was leaving late this afternoon, I took some pictures of the hospital she's in. It's Halifax Medical Center, and the building dates back to 1928. It has quite a history and they've preserved it well. They are currently adding on in a big way, but you can tell they are making a big effort to stay true to the original design.




Of course, being that I went alone, I looked for photographic opportunities on the way home. I stopped off for gas and saw the sign for Bulow Plantation. Sounded good, so I headed the 3 miles down the road to check it out. I drove down the long, winding, wash-boarded by heavy rains dirt road...to find the gates already locked. Oh well, there will always be another day! :)

3 comments:

Tom said...

Hi Sharon
I can not get over the blue of your skies.... I see mostly grey at the moment... love the winding road.
Thank you for your comment on Wiggers World... it's nice to be back amongst so many friend.

Joey B said...

I was born at Halifax as was my mother... My dad was a resident there too. I always loved the "castle" part.

And Bulow Plantation is a great place to visit.. the ruins are great.

It's the first place I went after taking care of my dad's funeral arrangements. I think Bulow Creek is one of the most peaceful places on earth.

Sharon said...

It's a beautiful place, that's for sure!