Monday, January 26, 2009

Childhood Memories

I did one of those questionnaires on facebook the other day, and one of the questions was "What was your favorite childhood toy?". Mine were undoubtedly my breyer horses :) I still have them in my curio cabinet, so I brought them out for a photo shoot.

This is a Royal Lipizzaner Stallion. He was given to me by a (then) young couple at our church who sort of "adopted" me, before they had children of their own. They would take me home with them for the day, took me to the circus, to the fair, and on one occasion took me to see the Lipizzans. It was near my birthday, so they gave me this one to commemorate the event :)


Of course, no collection is complete without a Clydesdale, all ready for the show ring...
This one is Kelso, a thoroughbred racehorse, #4 out of the top thoroughbred champions of the 20th century.
This one is the very first breyer horse I ever got, for my 7th birthday. Palomino American Quarter Horse :)
One of my favorites, galloping Stallion...

this is the most special of all. This was my Granny's, "Old Gray Nag" and I always played with it when I went to visit her, either in Indiana or then when she moved to Tennessee. My cousin Tony and I always fought over it when we were there. He would beg for it, and I would beg for it, and she would secretly promise it to both of us. One year, after I was grown and was visiting, she brought it to me and told me to take it home with me. Tony, if you see this... NEENER NEENER!! ;oP

1 comment:

Tom said...

Apart from the memories these must bring to mind , these have a great charm of their own. What a great collection to have.... Jane will like these I'm sure. She as a collection of Fairies. Some of those go back to her childhood.

Tom