Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall is here :)

Beautiful blue skies, nice refreshing breeze, a little chill in the air at night...



We spent the afternoon at our favorite place today, it was so nice to spend some time outside without sweating. :)





RJ electrified...(like he's not already, right??) Crazy static hair from going down the slide.
Flowers for you, Mommy :)

I found another reason to love blogging - it helps me remember things I never want to forget. Like our day today, and the little things kids say that just crack you up. For instance, last night Rory and RJ took a shower, and when they were out, RJ saw Daddy putting on his deodorant. Of course, he had to have some. So I was dressing him, and he said "NO!! You'll wipe off my de-yogurt!!!" :o)

In other family news, I now have TWO children who are gainfully employed! Yes, Melinda got a job today :) She is so excited. Time surely does fly, doesn't it?

11 comments:

Lissa said...

The weather was so nice today!!! This is my favorite Florida weather.

Congrats to Melinda on her new job! See you tomorrow night.

Dirkus said...

Wow. That place is idyllic. Love the shadow shot and the water shots.

R.Powers said...

Beautiful crisp fall scenes!
That boy is just plain cute.

Linda said...

Cherish these moments, then are gone way to fast. It's great that you have this blog to help you remember stuff. - All moms need a journal - I wish I had done more of that when mine were little. I too love the crisp air and blue skies. Tell Melinda congrats on the new job. They will need those jobs to pay for gas!

Gawdess said...

so many beautiful shots, and fun news - the shadow shot is really amazing and just caught me, reminding me of so many playground days

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos. We're starting fall here too, but in Chicago it's a bit more colorful.

Alan said...

Looks nice. Congrats to Melinda. Big question - is it a job that can result in freebies or discounts for cousins and cousins-in-law? :)

Carla said...

Love the pics. Especially the shadow shot and the last one with the colors reflected in the window. Tell Melinda I'm proud of her. Getting a job shows responsibility and I'm sure she will be a great success!

Unknown said...

Still summer down here in south Florida. Our tell tale sign is when the cypress needles finally fall. They are browning, but still hanging on by a thread.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Love those blue skies! And your are right about the good reason for blogging - I want to hold onto moments like that too.

Shana W. said...

HI! I just tagged you on my blog for a fun picture tag. I know how you love pictures. :o) I hope you can play along.

~~Shana
http://my3wisemans.momblogcentral.com/