Monday, October 1, 2007

Say AHHHH...

We had to make a trip to see our favorite Doctor today. RJ has the croup. It is going around, we have had at least 3 other cases at our church, and Dr. A said RJ was his 4th case already today, at 11:00 this morning.

I have had other pediatricians, when my olders were small. I wish Dr. A had been around then, he is THE BEST!! We have been going to him for about, gosh, I guess it's been over 8 years now. He has taken care of RJ since birth, I call him "The Baby Whisperer". ;)

One of my favorite cyberspace friends, FC , recently had a post about his calling as a teacher . There was much discussion about why he's so good at what he does. I believe it's a gift, just like Dr. A has a gift and I believe he was meant to be a Doctor for the little ones. He has not changed one bit in the years we've seen him, he is always so gentle, patient, and loving with these babies. RJ has never experienced a moment of fear or anxiety with this Dr. -- only with his nurses :)
Poor little guy, feverish eyes, voiceless with a barking-seal cough...but he has the meds now and we know he will be good as new in no time.
I have two other puny ones today too, one is head-achy and one is queasy. This started out to be a very stressful and challenging day. As I took the dog out before we left for the Dr, this is what I saw:
Nothing like a beautiful reminder that God always keeps His promises, and His grace is sufficient for me. :)

(and an aside to my friend Melissa , who is also sick, whose very little one is also getting over the croup...hope you are feeling better) :)

9 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope the little guy gets better real soon. My 4 year old grandson has had the croup too. Last week his mother was getting ready to go out of town for a class for work. She called the doctors office to see if they could check him out before she left. She did not want to leave knowing he was sick. The doctors office said they were booked solid and there was no way they could work my grandson in. Since she was leaving for her trip they said they would phone him in a prescription of cough syrup. The coughing has clamed down a little but he is still coughing. I think it is our dry polluted air causing the cough. We need rain not only for our water supply but to clean out the air.

Pat N Fl said...

Hope RJ is feeling better, he looked so cute as a puppy. I even checked out the slide show on d blog. You girls are so talented.

duopastorale said...

Poor little chap. Prayers for you.

Melinda said...

I didn;t only have nausea, you forget the headache and dizziness and exhaustion......

Sharon said...

Sorry Sissy...it's a blog, not a biography... LOL

Andrea, I hope your grandson is better. RJ is better today. And we have enough rain to share! Wish I could send some to you.

Thanks Mike :)

Thank you Ms. Pat :)

Lissa said...

Aww, Sharon. Thanks - feeling better, now. :)

MamaGord said...

:( that is no fun. I hope he feels better. Both my girls just got over a bad case of they croup, not fun.

Ryan and Shawna said...

I hope RJ is much better. Carter sees Dr. A too! We LOVE him! He's been amazing through all of Carter's "stuff". We've been going to him since Shaye was about 3.

Sharon said...

oh Shawna, how can you NOT love him!!??! He's the best :) I'm so glad Carter and Shaye go to him. I recommend him to everyone I know.