Thursday, October 25, 2007

Once in a Great While...

a company does it right. :) Today's picture is more of a documentary-type than an artistic one. My 2 year old son is an absolute fanatic about trains. Every time we pass the train tracks (which is multiple times per week) we have to look down the tracks to see if a train is coming. If one is, and time permits, we stop and watch it go by. It's the highlight of his day when we catch one. I thought to email CSX and ask them for train schedules. EXACTLY 2 days after I contacted them, we got a box in the mail. It contained this CSX conductor cap and a glossy 8x10 of one of their engines. It also had a letter explaining that due to safety issues they can't give out schedule information. I completely understand that, but I am tickled to death that they thought enough of their pint-sized fan to send him a gift. It made his day, and mine too! :)

10 comments:

Andrea said...

He is a cutie. My grandson loves trains too.

dot said...

What a cute picture! I bet lots of people will be asking for their schedule when they hear this.
I think he would enjoy a day at the Folkston Funnel.

Mandy said...

That's so awesome that they sent him a conductor hat!!!

imac said...

Great stuff Sharon, and very cute he looks too.

If you wish - send me an email so I can send you a photo of a steam engine for him.

duopastorale said...

How wonderful. Those things don't happen very often. He looks chuffed.

Linda said...

Very cool- we do the same thing with our grandchildren, always looking for Choo-Choo's. I never thought about the email idea - good job!

Carla said...

What a great thing for CSX to do! I know RJ loved it.

linda said...

I love trains, I even bought a train set for my son when he was little. He has NOT one bit of interest in them, which is just as well otherwise I would let him have one run through the entire house. That photo of you son has a large amount of "cute factor" about it.

Alan said...

Wow... CSX treats RJ better than they treat their employees... :-/

Good story though. Happy for the little guy.

Dianne said...

He is adorable and how nice of CCX to do that for him! I think it's so funny what little boys get excited about!