Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Waiting on Fay

We have been under various weather watches and warnings since yesterday. We have a Tropical Storm named Fay heading in our direction. They first predicted that she would go offshore and become a cat 1 hurricane, and then turn back towards us for a pretty direct hit. What can they say? Women can be fickle, and Fay is no exception. Now the forecast is for her to remain a tropical storm, which is fine by me!
Right now, we are alternating between dead calm and sudden whipping wind and heavy rain as the bands get closer to us. I kind of like storms, to be honest, as long as they are like this. Just a little excitement, with no real damage to people or property :)
Where I'd really like to be right now is the beach, watching the waves become wild with the storm. No living life on the edge when you have kids and responsibilities though, so we're at home, taking the puppy out to run off some energy during the lulls in the storm. :)

If you're in the area, stay safe! :)

(See Craver, I really DID play in the rain!)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

R.Powers said...

Love that puppy shot!!

What no living on the edge?
Uh oh.

Sharon said...

Dude, I BEGGED my husband to take me to the beach tonight! LOL

Lissa said...

I thought for sure you were somewhere on the beach when mom told me where she had been. The shot of Zeke is priceless - pure puppy exhiliration!

Linda said...

Love the last picture of Zeke! I still can't believe I drove to the beach - that's what happens when you haven't anymore children to be responsible for. And I didn't want to be bored. I actually enjoyed myself.

concretegodmother said...

yep. that last shot is perfection!

Gawdess said...

that is a great picture of your airborne dog!