Saturday, May 3, 2008

Railroadiana

We took RJ to a railroad expo and train show today called "Railroadiana". Model trains, accessories, train shirts, train hats, antique train memorabilia...and 3 working train layouts - one of which featured Thomas the Tank Engine!







And Mecca for Thomas fans...
Naturally, one of the vendors made Daddy an offer he couldn't refuse...so one happy little engineer has his very first Lionel electric train set - "O" scale - featuring...
You guessed it! :)

You can see all the pictures Here . We had fun too. I love miniatures, and these people go all out. The details amaze me!

6 comments:

Alan said...

Awww... how cool. I inherited some train sets from relatives when I was little and loved them. Then got some newer ones as I got older. All gone via yard sales or just given away already or I'd gladly add to little Rs budding collection. :)

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Great shots! My boys would love this.

Allen said...

"Thank God for da model trains, If it wasn't for dem they would not have gotten de idea for da big ones" (Selected quote from the film, "A Mighty Wind")

Looks like a great time!

Linda said...

Looks like a fun day for all.

Gawdess said...

really neat pictures, I love the miniature details and the happy little boy face!

imac said...

Oh wow, I bet AJ really enjoyed himself there, and spent all his pocket money too lol.

My bridge and odd shot are now showing.