Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Uncle Phil's Diner

Our youth group put on a fabulous dinner theater production last Sunday night called "Uncle Phil's Diner". They really outdid themselves this time. It was like stepping into the 50's...here are Uncle Phil himself, and his "Ma" (aka as my sister Debbie365and my bro-in-law Allen, of “Thinking Out Loud”


We had a live band -
And this is my brother, Auctioneer for the night at the dessert auction we had after the show. (I think he secretly wants to be on Barrett-Jackson) ;o)
(Oh, he was also the bass player in the band, ran the sound and the video, and filmed the whole thing. "Boy Wonder", we call him)

Everyone was involved, here's my hubby and two others flipping burgers and grilling hotdogs to feed 300 or so people...
There was singing and dancing, acting, songs from the 50's...it was awesome :) It was also interactive - the action was going on all over the place, by the "employees" of the diner, and by other patrons.
JC had the girls wild with his rendition of "Great Balls of Fire" :)


This is my niece (on the right) singing "Lollipop". She did an excellent job, as did the other girls.

Oh, did I mention it was a fund raiser for summer camps?? All the kids who play a part (and they work hard for weeks and weeks before the put it on) have the money earned divided equally to help pay their way to two different youth camps they go to every summer.

Way to go guys (and adults)! You did a fabulous job. :)

5 comments:

Gawdess said...

it looks pretty spectacular!

Debbie365 said...

It was WAY fun!

Mandy said...

Looks like y'all had fun!

Go check out my blog - I'm participating in 5 Minutes For Mom's Blog Party AND I'm hosting my very first give-away!!! Spread the word!

http://mrs-mandypoo.blogspot.com

imac said...

A good time had by all.
Wish I had been there.
I like grooving haha.

You will like my new post.

linda said...

It just looks like so much fun. I love the skirts on the girls - they look so feminine.