Wednesday, March 5, 2008

4X4 meme, tagged by Linda

It's been a while since I did one :)

4 Jobs I have had

Let's see, my very first job was at a pet store at the mall. Wasn't bad, but I found out like most teens with their first job - it's called "work" for a reason :) I worked with two older teenaged boys who just loved sneaking up behind me and putting a rat on my shoulder.

I had one fast-food job, not McDonalds, but Burger King. I guess since my sister had worked there, I figured I needed to. ;o) I worked french fries, and the drive thru. While I was working there, a guy who *ahem* had an interest in me WALKED through the drive thru, and asked for me at the window. Let me just say in the kindest way possible...he was ODD, and seeing his face appear at the window, sans vehicle...I was a little nervous after that!

After that job, I applied at an animal clinic. I have always loved animals and thought it would be the perfect job for me. It was very interesting. I cared for the animals in the kennel, and learned to do some basic labwork. I also learned how to give a cat a bath without injury to myself and only minor discomfort and humiliation for the cat :)

I had a few more jobs in between - Insurance company where I was a "Section 125 Administrator"...definitely the most challenging job I ever had. I was in charge of issuing bi-weekly reimbursement checks to our employees and also employees of about 125 other companies. I had to learn a lot about IRS tax code and regulation. I also worked for a mortgage company, and for Dole (the fruit people). There's a tie for my most favorite job. I worked for another animal clinic, 20 years after the first one. IT.WAS.AWESOME! The people were great, the Doctors were wonderful, and we would often go bowling at lunch time. YES, I said BOWLING for lunch! I should have never left it, but I did for the offer of almost twice as much money, to work for Dole. :) That is my other favorite, only because of the people I worked with. There was a lot of aggravation at that job, but I really miss seeing my friend there every day.

4 shows I have been to...hmmm...I don't do a lot of shows. I guess I will include concerts in this too. The only real "shows" I have seen were at the Alhambra, a dinner theater here in town. An old boyfriend's parents would take us once a year or so, usually around Christmas time. We saw "1776", "A Christmas Carol" (twice I think), and there was another but I can't remember which. (Long time ago!) I took my niece to a Shania Twain concert for her birthday a few years ago, and I have also seen Huey Lewis in concert.

4 cars I have had
Well, at last count, I have had about 12 different cars. I will tell you about my four favorites. The first car I ever had was a 1979 Datsun B210.It's not that it was the car itself, but the fact that it was my FIRST...there's nothing like having a car for the first time :) (I would later total this one, ran into the back of an ambulance)

Next on the list is my 1977 Camaro LT Classic:

It was a camaro, what else needs to be said? :) Dad bought it for me, and when I got married and we had Mikell and ran out of room, he took it back, gave us a suitable "family car", and then completely restored it and sold it. New carpet, new headliner, new paint job. It was beautiful *sigh* :)

Next is probably my most favorite of all - 2001 Toyota 4runner:

I absolutely loved everything about this one, the way it rode, the way it drove, how it looked. I'd still be driving it, but we were planning on a family addition, so we upgraded to what I have now, and have driven for the past 6 years (a record for me!): 2002 Toyota Sequoia:

The other pictures are from the internet, but this is actually mine. Very nice, fully loaded, seats 8, I have really enjoyed having it. It just turned 100,000 miles a week or so ago.

Let's see, 4 favorite foods...this could be hard, there are so many! :)

I love seafood, so really ANY kind of seafood is good with me. I love crablegs, oysters, scallops, shrimp. Yes, I'm partial to the crustaceans. :)

Prime Rib is always a winner. I love it at Outback with a baked potato and bloomin' onion.

Fried Chicken (hey, I'm a Southern girl, AND a Baptist...what can I say)

Chicken and dumplings that my Mom makes, but she hasn't done them in a LOOONG time. I need to work on her...


Phew! That was longer than I thought, and all this talk about food has me hungry. Now some of you probably know more about me than you ever cared to!! LOL

I tag Melissa at Just Plain Sweet

Shana at My 3 Wisemans

Dianne at Unfinished Work

and GranmaL at Ronlin365

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tag! :)

BTW, we have a winner for the March Mom Blog of the Month Contest on Hip Mama's Place. Pls congratulate the winner at www.hipmamasplace.com when you get a chance. Thanks and have a great day! :)

Tom said...

Very interesting.. your last few cars a great.

linda said...

Now, that Camaro looks hot. I should not laugh, but the fact you rear ended an ambulance has a touch of humour about it. Your current car looks very shiny for all those miles it has done.

Interesting jobs - but I see that animals are your forte perhaps? Thanks for doing the meme.

pa said...

HI nice blog, I read what you have to say and find it very interesting and I will visit again and will make it a habit to come to you often. By the way can we exchange links?
http://shourpower.blogspot.com/

Barry L. Atkins said...

Ha ha ha. Reading this brought back memories of some of my old cars. I used to drive a Datsun also as my first car. It was a four cylinder four speed manual shift. It was an '82 model though.
Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories for me.