Monday, November 5, 2007

Wild Blue Yonder

We went to the "Jacksonville Sea & Sky Spectacular" yesterday afternoon. Our aim was to see the US Navy "Blue Angels" flight demonstration squadron. They were due to fly at 2pm, and we were sitting in HEAVY beach traffic at 1:45. Parking was crazy, most businesses were charging $20 to park, and traffic was very annoying to say the least. We were very blessed though...just as my sister was about to go into conniptions and was waving a $20 bill around, we spotted a lot - with no attendant - and a very poorly written sign stating that parking was $20.00. There was one spot left, we jumped on it. :) We were one block from the beach, and ended up in a perfect position to see it ALL!
















RJ loved the airplanes, except when they buzzed right over our heads. It was pretty loud, he didn't care too much for that part. :) I felt kind of guilty, being from an Air Force family and all (should have been watching the Thunderbirds) :) But RJ's other Granddaddy was a Navy man, so I guess it's Ok that I enjoyed it as much as I did. ;o)


I really enjoy a good air show. But THIS one really, REALLY enjoys it :)
PS: Yes I did really take these pictures, and yes the sky really was that blue. :) These aren't enhanced or edited in any way other than some cropping. You can see the rest on my flickr.My Sister, Debbie365, got some great shots too, probably better than these because she had a good zoom. You can see them on her blog as well, I'm going to check now. :)

6 comments:

Debbie365 said...

Hey! Those look just like mine! :-) Were you there?

Debbie365 said...

Just kidding! That was SOOOOOO much fun! Thanks for bravely the heavy traffic to get us there! Luv ya!

Sharon said...

Yeah, I was around. heehee! :)

Ampersand said...

Wow, you sure did get some great shots. The blue jets against the blue sky. Sweet.

Lissa said...

AWESOME! Wish I coulda been there...

Suzi-k said...

wow wow wow! These just blow me away, they are so cool. well captured, it is not so easy at those speeds. I also adore airshows.