Friday, March 2, 2007

Maybe I will build him a cake or something...

Ok, first let me just say that I did NOT get any cake decorating talent or skills when I was born into this family...it all went to my sister. I am Erma Bombeck to her Martha Stewart. Every cake I've ever made looks more like a science experiment than a confection. I have to admit, this one looks pretty good in the picture, but if you could only see what's going on under that frosting, OY! But that's Ok, my creations may have big holes filled in with icing, they may have to be held together with toothpicks until time for the cutting (cheesecake fiasco of '06), but they taste ok and haven't killed anyone yet. :) For some reason, my darling husband wanted me to make the little boy a cake this time instead of letting Publix handle it. We'll see what he thinks of his bright idea when he gets a load of this!
Oh, and that little McQueen on the left is a candle, in case you were wondering why I was redundant. :)

4 comments:

Debbie365 said...

You did a FABULOUS job, it's really cute! (Please tell me there is chocolate cake under that chocolate icing!)

MamaGord said...

I think it looks awesome! I gave in and had a professional make Mattie's. I so do not know how to make a Strawberry Shortcake cake. I admire you :o)

Lissa said...

Looks great to me. Party on!

Lissa said...

Oh yeah! Nice Fantasia canisters in the background!!! :)