Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blast from the Past

I have said before what a job it has been going through my father in law's house. It has been physically and emotionally difficult at times. But there are treasures to be found:
He was always buying things like this, this is a replica of an old-timey record player, but it also plays cd's and tapes. I played Elvis singing "Old Shep" for my kids to see if it made them cry like it did me. *sigh* nope. Kids are tough these days I guess. It was funny explaining to my 13 yo son how to play a record. He asked me how to fast forward! LOL
I also tried turning my kids on to the joy of Jerry Clower...no success. I guess when you have to stop to explain what "dungarees" are and things like that, it loses something. Like when my sister and I tried to share Lily Tomlin's "Edith Ann" character with the kids. They just don't get it. :( I guess if it's not jumping out of a screen at you in high resolution and 32 bit color, they just can't get a grip on it.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Even I'm not sure I know what people you're talking about. I do know how to use a record player, however. :)

MamaGord said...

That is really cool! I bought one of those for my parents for Christmas a couple years a go so they could play all their old records.