Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Word to the Wise...

...or "learn from my mistakes" or "what NOT to do"... Do you know what this is? I'll tell you. It's one of those gummy-sticky rubbery window decorations. I had it on my front door windows for Halloween. I took them off yesterday and gave them to RJ to play with. I noticed last night that he had put them on the hope chest at the foot of my bed. Didn't think anything of it...until I pulled them off this morning and...!!!!
(by the way, he's not laying like that because he got in trouble...he just wanted to be in the picture, while getting a closer look at his "artwork")

Who knew they would stain wooden furniture??? SIGH...I know now. And look - he's trying to get them back...

Um...NOT!!!

11 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Ooh! That's a shame. Have you tried a solution of vinegar and baking soda?

Tagging you for an unusual meme. Please visit Poetikat's for details.

Kat

Shana said...

Ohh, but you are right who would of known...

Lissa said...

Oh, man! Hopefully they will fade over time?

Sharon said...

I don't know!! I've tried magic eraser, it faded them but I'm going to have to scrub for a month to get it all off. I'm thinking maybe I'll add more and make it look like I did it on purpose! LOL, not really. :o|

Ampersand said...

Maybe in ten years, you'll look upon it more fondly. : )

BTW, I looked a the weather on your sidebar and I would gladly change places with you!

imac said...

OOpps, Nice story, thanks for sharing.

The story continues in my blog.

Andrea said...

You have to look at it as there are worse things that could have happened. ENJOY LIFE!!!

Debbie365 said...

Aichee Wa Wa!

linda said...

How annoying! At least they were not stuck on a nice white wall.

You really should make a border of them.

Linda said...

Maybe it will wear off eventually. That happened to my floor many years ago, when M was drawing a picture with markers, when he finished we found out the markers went through to the floor. I couldn't it off with anything, but eventually it just wore off. I was amazed!

Shammickite said...

Ewww... makes you wonder what sort of poison they put in those things.