Friday, September 19, 2008

Rock Stars

I work in our church's preschool whenever there's an event that needs childcare. Right now there's a 10 week study going on, so I'm there every Tuesday morning. We always have fun, but sometimes it can be a challenge keeping a group of little ones entertained for a couple of hours. This particular Tuesday, we watched a video. Every classroom has one of these rockers, but of course EVERYONE had to have their own!
So I searched in every room up and down this hallway until I rounded up enough for us to have our own "Rocking Chair Theater" :)
Bro. Randall always pops in to say hello...
And this is little K, informing me that her baby is naked. :) Never-ending entertainment!


This last Tuesday was very exciting...I don't have any pics though. While we were in class, the fire alarm went off. Luckily, Melissa was with me. I'm so glad she was willing to stay and help! A perfect example of why there should always be two...I would have had a heck of a time getting 5 little ones (two of which had to be carried) out to safety by myself! Turned out to be a false alarm, but it was good practice. RJ still isn't over it though, it was pretty scary for a little one. Lights flashing, and a voice telling you to get out! LOL, he has been eyeing our smoke detectors at home with much suspicion ever since, and asking a million questions about fires, and fire alarms. As much as we try to reassure him that smoke alarms are GOOD, and are there to keep you safe, he just ain't buyin' it!

1 comment:

Linda said...

It was a bit scary even for an adult. You and Melissa did great getting those kids out so fast. Hope that doesn't ever happen for real!