Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday, and Senior recognition

I have to share this, my oldest son graduated from high school last Friday night. Our church always has Senior recognition for our graduates which was a week ago Sunday. I got to church (late, remember we got home at 4am the night before) with my son's cap and gown. Imagine my dismay when he showed up in FLIP FLOPS!!! I wanted to wring his neck, but we WERE at church, after all. So instead, I went around to the men I know well (well enough to borrow footwear anyway) and tried to find someone with the right size feet and the right size sense of humor.
Bingo!! With Mrs. Patsy's help, we commandeered the dress shoes (and socks) off Mr. Jim, who TRULY has a good-sized sense of humor. He has always been one of my most favorite people, but he secured his place in my heart forever (as did Mrs Patsy - the vision of her taking his dress shoes and socks off of him, DURING Sunday school while his class looked on, will go down in history!) by his willingness to sport around in Mikell's flops during church :)
Crisis averted :) He marched down the center aisle to "Pomp and Circumstance" with no toes visible.
And Seniors were recognized without incident :)

Jim and Patsy Harrison, YOU ROCK!! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

duopastorale said...

LOL! Congratulations!!!

Debbie365 said...

That had to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

Linda said...

It's always great to have something special to remember at (other than the graduation) this special time.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

What a great story! This will go down in history for sure. Congratulations to your son! You are in a great church, I can see that.

I love how you did selective color on the grad photos in the next post. The circle of blue around your son in his cap is the perfect highlight to show how special he is.