Thursday, February 21, 2008

Preserved

I was driving home today and took a road that was recently opened near me. I was tickled pink to discover a new place to stomp around and take pictures:

Over 2000 acres between Durbin and Julington Creeks, there's 9 miles of shoreline between them. The info said there are bald eagles, osprey, gopher tortoise, bobcats, turkey, deer and many MANY different types of birds. I wasn't able to get out into it today, too rainy. But it looks promising, and I will be back!



Twofer:




8 comments:

R.Powers said...

Hooray! A little bit of real Florida preserved!
Happy anniversary and excellent eclipse photos!

Sharon said...

Thanks, FC. I'm looking forward to going back when it's better weather.

Linda said...

You find the greatest places to take pictures. My first thought was Close your eyes she might have another creature posted. You'll have to email directions to the park.

Debbie365 said...

Now there's something you don't see every day!

Gawdess said...

beautiful shots.

Lissa said...

I'd like to snoop around there, too as long as the snakes don't come visit!

Hey! My laptop is back at home with preserved pictures! Woohoo!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

How wonderful to find a new place to wander under the trees. I really like that last shot, looking up. Beautiful.

Tom said...

What a great place to explore... enjoy the views