Monday, April 9, 2007

You've come a long way, baby

One year ago, my baby boy had to have skull surgery for "sagittal cranio synostosis", which basically means his soft spot closed up prematurely. He had to have it corrected so his skull could grow properly. It was one of the most terrifying things I've ever gone through, but by the grace of God, he came through it like the champ that he is. One of the biggest dangers with this particular surgery is blood loss. Me and my family members who were compatible gave blood before his surgery, just in case. We also had several people at my church come give blood for him. Guess what? He didn't need it!! He also did not have to go to ICU, he went to a regular room. The Dr. was amazed. The rest of us, not so much. :) We knew how many prayers were going up for him. This is the day after:

This was a few weeks after, the swelling had gone down and his hair was coming in good:
And this was from today:
We had his one year follow up appointment and xrays today. This is Hector James, M.D., F.A.A.P. He is one of the few board certified pediatric neurosurgeons in the state of Florida, and we were very blessed to find him in Jacksonville. He did a wonderful job and I am very grateful to him for his dedication to this field, and for the care he provided for us.

God is Good, all the time.

5 comments:

DakotaAndtheTwinsMuM said...

I am so glad that things worked out for your little cutie, and thank you for sharing his story! You are very blessed, but you already know that! :o)
Hugs,
Cathy aka Dakota'sMuM

Lissa said...

I can't believe it's already been a year! God IS good, all the time!

MamaGord said...

Wow that is so awesome that everything went sooo well! God sure is good all the time :o)

Wolfchild said...

All I can say...WOW...I love that little man...did you see the video I put up?

Debbie365 said...

Hard to believe it's been year! That little dude is so awesome...did I say thanks? :-) (You too, Dad!)