Thursday, April 19, 2007

Too close to home

This is not my picture, this is from news4jax.com. This 14 yr old boy was arrested yesterday, he is a classmate of my dd's. He has been charged with a 2nd degree felony for threatening to shoot 100 students. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like he has a lot of emotional problems and was trying to get attention. Well, he got it. My daughter spoke to him at school yesterday morning. She told me she had concerns about him and things he was doing and saying about 2 weeks ago. I advised her to avoid him and that if he said anything threatening to her or put his hands on her again (he slapped her in the head, then said he was just playing around) that she was to go straight to the office or to the school resource officer and report him.

I'm thankful this did not go any further, but this was way too close to home. I kept them home from school today.

What kind of world has this become? To be afraid to go to school...or college...or work...or ANYWHERE.

I know God is always ultimately in control. But today I feel so heavy with dread, dread of this world and the people in it.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Oh my word! I saw the story on the news but didn't realize she KNEW him!! Just show's how important it is to ask for God's protection over our children on a daily basis (reminder to myself).