Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Disney's "A Christmas Carol" Train Tour

I had gotten the email about this, but forgot until I saw a friend's facebook update about it :) I was planning to take RJ since he's a train nut, so we headed out to try and meet up with our friends. We got there a little later, but bumped into them in the line a few times as we waited -



I'm glad we got there early - we had to wait about 45 minutes I guess, much shorter wait than later in the day!!


It really wasn't bad at all, the weather was nice, there was a cool breeze blowing - and we even saw a VIP waiting in the same line - LOL, RJ was in open-mouthed astonishment to see SANTA waiting to go in the train too... turns out he is part of a group called Palm Tree Santas

To be honest, the inside of the train was probably more interesting to me - I love behind-the-scenes and seeing how they do the stuff they do. RJ was fascinated with some of the more obvious things, like these maquettes of Scrooge and Cratchit

it was a pretty neat setup. At the end, they had a blow-up theater, where they showed a preview of the film in 3D. Pretty cool, looks well- made and if nothing else, this accomplished what Disney set out to do - made me want to see the film! LOL, that's Ok, for Disney it was a very expensive marketing ploy. For me and RJ, it was a chance to get out of the house, enjoy the cool weather and see something different. Mission accomplished!

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

Hahahaha... Is that a pack of smokes in Santa Clause's shirt pocket?? I could imagine him fiddling around with a pipe, but probably not lit.

Sharon said...

LOL! I'm hoping it's a cell phone :)