Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Never Forget

RJ and I visited the cemetery this afternoon. We took a walk through the grounds, he asked questions and I answered as best I could. I told him about people he had never met, but are a part of him.
I come from a family running over with veterans :) My Grandfather and his brother both served in WWII and Grandpa served in Korea as well. My Father, brother, and sister-in-law are veterans of the Gulf War and spent many, MANY collective years serving our country in the military.

There's still a war going on, though it's gone on for so long now, it's easy to forget as we go on with our daily lives. I am guilty of failing to pray daily for those who now serve, and to be thankful for those who served in the past to protect the freedom we enjoy today. Let us not forget to remember...
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends ~ John 15:13

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great post Sharon. What a great way to remember your family. I think far too many of us forget about those who are stilling serving as we go about a normal routine of life. It's good to be reminded. We all need to pray daily for veterans and their families.

Ryan and Shawna said...

We owe so much to those who have fought for us. Thanks for this post!